The Stone Prince

Format: Kindle Edition

Pages: 384

Source: Library

GOODREADS

OH MAN! Where do I start with this book?! Although the premise is entertaining, the characters completely ruin the story.

The story follows Katie James, a woman obsessed with a stone statue. That’s right, a stone statue. One day she chooses to kiss the statue and low and behold the statue turns into a man, but no ordinary man. He happens to be an alien who was cursed and now needs Katie’s help to break the curse and to return home.

I picked up this book thinking that it would be interesting, silly albeit, but interesting none the less. That would be a big fat NOPE! The characters are god awful. First, we have Jorlan, our “hero”. Not only is he an extremely sexist, control freak, he’s just plain creepy. On multiple occasions he belittles women and believes women need male keepers.

“Seeing to a man’s needs – all his needs – is a woman’s only purpose in life.” - Jorlan

Are you fucking kidding me! Now I’m assuming, but Jorlan probably gets better as the story goes on, but I just can’t force myself to care.

Surprisingly, Jorlan isn’t the worst thing about this book. What pissed me off the most was that even though Jorlan’s a dick, Katie still wants him. I’m sorry, but if a guy acted like that around me, I’d kick him to the curb.

Overall, I’m pretty damn disappointed. I love Gena Showalter, but I would not recommend this book to anyone.